Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Must Have Drank Me 15 Dr. Peppers

Hey Fake Uncle Jack --

The past couple months have been a bit hectic in nature and may lend confusion to some, -- having either lost interest at this point or asking themselves, "What the fuck is Super American?".

Let me dust it off for you here -- From 2011-2013 we were I Can See Mountains and we had a great time doing that, releasing Hope You Never Get It & Life On A Houseboat via Panic Records in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Unfortunately, knots were left untied and the band began to lose it's juices as we all (independently deservingly so) really began to question what we really wanted to do with our own lives. I Can See Mountains played its last show in December of 2013.

In January of 2014, I relocated to study politics at St. Bonaventure University, -- the experience was linguistically miserable but absolutely exhilarating socially as I was able to familiarize myself with different flavors of brain power. Unfortunately, I ultimately lost my entire identity as the reason for my relocation was not purely based on academics. Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks. So in March of 2015 I decided to return home to play music again, -- I listened to American Girl every morning and started to like dancing again.

The reason for name change came naturally as Tartick and Christian are not with us; Tartick is now a phenomenal, great looking local freelance chef in our area and spends a lot of time working with several companies he operates. Be sure to check out his awesome work -- Tartick's Treats. Christian plays in an awesome new Buffalo band called Well Kept Things.

Photo by Brett Mikoll

NEVERMIND (2015) STREAMING BELOW


Well, we're back. This is Super American. See you in September '15 for Golf Pop.

Talk Soon,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment